I AM RUNNING FOR RE-ELECTION!
Campaign season is here and I am pleased to announce that I will seek re-election for the Redwood City School Board at the November 3, 2009 election.
It's hard to believe that four years have gone by but it's true. During that time I have worked hard to earn the respect of parents, teachers and district staff - as well as my fellow board members. Schools are safer and test scores are up. It has been an honor working on behalf of the children and families in Redwood City.
I can tell you that it is expensive to wage a successful campaign. It costs approximately $20,000 to send just one mailing to all the voters in the district. That is why I am asking for your early financial support. Please take just a minute and contribute to my campaign and let's work together to stop the Sacramento money grab. Contribute by clicking here.
MY PRIORITIES FOR THE RCSD
We need to guarantee that our schools stay on track so they can truly achieve their mission of "educating every child for success." Here are my priorities for the Redwood City School District:
- Guarantee financial stability and ensure that we get significant benefits from the every dollar invested in our schools;
- Attract and retain the best teachers while creating opportunities for all district personnel;
- Work to close the achievement gap;
- Serve all the children in our diverse district as well as the needs of our special education students;
- Improve communication and cooperation between parents, students, teachers and the district; and,
- Work to stop the "Sacramento" money grab and make certain our district gets every dollar it deserves.
MY COMMITMENT TO YOU
As a parent and President of the Redwood City School District Board of Trustees, I am passionate about providing every student with the best education possible while making sure that all of our 17 schools and their finances are well managed.
Please call or email me with any questions or suggestions (650.363.0253). I would appreciate your vote.